Trying out the swiss rolls. What I have been doing now is to re-do all the cakes or bakes which had failed me. I want to try whether they'll be successful now that the oven thermometer is in place and the oven temperature is of the right degree.
Initially, I wanted to do a normal roll but later changed my mind and tried to do some heart shapes designs. Some hearts turned into polka dots as it was not easy drawing out the hearts with a spoon. For the hearts batter, I wasn't sure if the egg white was beated the correct way, but it seems ok as I was looking at the end results. For the roll batter, I feel that the whites were not mixed properly and therefore I still see some whites in the finished cake. For the filling, I wanted to do butter cream filling but didn't. In the end, I just spread peanut butter on it.
The end result of the roll was satisfactory as a whole. It rose up quite nicely in the oven and everything seems ok. However, when the roll was cooled, it kinda cracked. I realized that I should have roll it while the swiss roll was warm. Nevertheless, I have no problem rolling it and I stored it in the fridge all wrapped up with the baking paper.
No comments:
Post a Comment